INSTALLATION & WARRANTY SHEET
The Basic Model fan is designed for all-angle usage, it may be mounted in any position with air
flow in one direction only - the fan may be specified for operation in "exhaust" or "supply"
direction. These fans are shipped completely assembled, tested, and ready for installating. Check
for transit damage immediately upon receipt and file a claim with the delivering carrier if
damage is found. Also check for propellor alignment and free rotation. Make that equipment is
adequately protected during on-site storage prior to installation.
- When mounted to a wall or other opening, the net inside dimension of the opening
should be 1" more than fan blade size (see Dimension and Approval Drawings).
- SAFETY - Prior to start up, check installation for compliance with existing safety
standards. Make sure that guards and/or other devices are in place as required to avoid
accidental contact with rotating parts or hazards to personnel or critical equipment in the
event of accidental rupture of the propeller.
- START UP - Before initial operation check:
- Free rotation and alignment of propeller.
- Circuit phase and voltage against motor nameplate and connection diagrams.
- START UP - At start up, check:
- Rotation ans air flow direction immediately upon start up for 3 phase motors
only. If operating in the wrong direction, interchange any 2 leads.
- Vibration - if excessive, stop fan immediately and take corrective action.
- Fans must be operated within catalog performance data.
- CLEANING AND ADJUSTMENT - Provide for routine inspection of equipment. Clean
off airborne materials that accumulate on the propeller and can cause vibration and/or
reduce service life. Rust or corrosion on the propellor or fan structure should be cleaned
throughly and protective finishes restored. On Belt Drive Units check belts for wear and
tighten if required. When tightening belts use an ampere meter and be sure not to exceed
motor plate rating.
- MOTOR LUBRICATION:
- Sleeve Bearings - (have oil holes) for normal service, re-oil with a good grade
SAE 20 machine oil every 6 months.
- Sleeve Bearings - (no oil holes) are factory lubricated fo the life of the motor.
- Ball Bearings - (No Grease fittings) Permanently sealed replace bearings, or clean
and pack with proper grease every 5 years.
- Ball Bearings - (Grease fittings) Check for motor Manufacture suggested
- NOTE - All motor work should be carried out by qualified persons using proper
- REPAIR PARTS:
- Repair of propeller assemblies in the field is not recommended. INDIVIDUAL
BLADES CANNOT BE REPLACED UNLESS THEY ARE TRACED AND
BALANCED PRIOR TO START UP. Do not operate equipment with damaged or
unbalanced propellers. Return defective or damaged equipment to the factory for
repair or replacement.
- Electric motors are repaied or replaced only through repair stations authorized by
the Motor Manufacturer. Contact the factory for the repair station nearest to you.
DO NOT RETURN MOTORS TO THE FACTORY.
Longley Electric Co. Ltd. guarantees its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one year from date of receipt by the original purchaser. During this period we will
repair or exchange, at our option, any defective unit which is returned freight prepaid to your
supplier or the factory. This warranty does not cover any consequential damages; labour or
transportation costs incured in the removal and reinstallation at the user's premises.
This warranty is void in the case of alterations, accident, abuse or operation not in accordance with
This warranty as stated herin is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied and there shall
be no liability for any consequential, special or contingent damages or expenses arising directly or
indirectly from the breach of any warranty or from the use of the goods or equipment covered